Thorpe-Bowker ("Bowker") is the exclusive ISBN Registration Agency for Australia and its territories. Operating under a grant from the International ISBN Agency, Thorpe-Bowker has the exclusive right to assign ISBN prefixes and ISBNs to publishers located in Australia and its territories. By registering with Thorpe-Bowker and completing an ISBN Application, Registrant agrees as follows:
- Registrant hereby certifies that it is a publisher. A publisher is a person or firm whose business is the publishing of books or other publications to which an ISBN can be assigned, and includes e-book publishers, audio cassette and video producers, software producers and museums and associations with publishing programs.
- Registrant will only assign ISBNs to publications to which it holds publishing rights.
- Registrant will not sell, license, distribute, disseminate, assign or otherwise make its assigned ISBN prefix and ISBNs available to other publishers or to any third parties.
- Registrant agrees to follow the International ISBN Standards for use of ISBNs. The International ISBN Standards are available at http://www.isbn-international.org.
By issuing ISBN prefixes and ISBNs to Registrant, Thorpe-Bowker agrees as follows:
- Thorpe-Bowker hereby warrants that it has the full right, power and authority to assign ISBN prefixes and ISBNs to publishers located in Australia and its territories.
- Thorpe-Bowker hereby warrants that the ISBNs it assigns to Registrant will conform to current International ISBN Agency and International Standards Organization ("ISO") specifications and are fit for the particular purpose of identifying publications pursuant to the recognized ISO standard.
- EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, THORPE-BOWKER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
- THORPE-BOWKER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO REGISTRANT FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF ISBN PREFIXES OR ISBNS BY REGISTRANT OR OTHER PARTIES. THORPE-BOWKER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO REGISTRANT FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE DEEMED TO RESULT FROM THE FAILURE OR INADEQUACY OF ANY EXCLUSIVE OR OTHER REMEDY OR WHETHER THORPE-BOWKER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- If you are registering a New Publisher, it will be listed in Thorpe-Bowker's Publisher Authority Database, for which there is a one-time New Publisher Fee of $55 (inc. GST). This fee will not be charged until you make your initial purchase on MyIdentifiers.com.au.
Please contact the Australian ISBN Agency at email@example.com if you have questions about these terms and conditions or the ISBN standards. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria excluding its conflicts of laws principles. The venue for any litigation arising out of these terms and conditions shall be the state or federal courts located within the State of Victoria, Australia.